the mission of the division of music is to offer quality educational opportunities that provide students with the technical skills and the theoretical and historical knowledge necessary for professional competence in their chosen areas of specialization, and
- To prepare students at the baccalaureate level for successful careers in teaching and other musical occupations
- To prepare students in music for successful graduate study
- To provide students opportunities for cultural and aesthetic experiences through active participation in music
- To offer general education course work for all students of the University
- To provide cultural and aesthetic experiences for the University, the community, and southeast Arkansas through the presentation of recitals, concerts, music theater productions, master classes, workshops, and seminars.
The Division of Music at the University of Arkansas at Monticello is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).